Thai red curry shrimp, fresh herbs and crisp vegetables rolled in a Multi Veggie and Garlic Vedgee wrap. Enjoy any time of the year with sweet chili sauce.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- 4 Multi Veggie and Garlic Vedgee wraps
- 13 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 red peppers, cored, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 hot house cucumbers, seeds removed and cut into matchsticks
- 2 ripe avocados, pit removed and sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup Thai red curry paste, mild
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4 tablespoons Canola oil, divided
- 1 bunch fresh mint, cleaned, picked and roughly chopped
- Sweet chili sauce for dipping (optional)
In a small bowl, combine curry paste, soy sauce, olive oil, water and lime juice to create red curry sauce. Stir to combine and set aside.
Cook shrimp in two batches so you don’t crowd the pan. Heat half of the canola oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Add half of the shrimp to the pan, stir only occasionally letting the shrimp brown. When the shrimp are almost cooked, remove from pan and set aside on a plate. Cook the remaining half of the shrimp with the remaining canola oil. When the second batch is almost cooked, return all of the shrimp to the pan, reduce the heat to medium and add the curry sauce to the pan. Let the sauce reduce for 2 minutes coating the shrimp.
Warm the Vedgee wraps in a pan or in the microwave for approximately 20 seconds. Layer mint, shrimp, red pepper, cucumber, carrot and avocado in the wrap. Roll up and enjoy with a sweet chili sauce for dipping.